As we head into Winter, what better time that to show off this beautiful styled shoot.
Winter weddings are gaining in popularity but 2021 may well see the colder months being busier than ever after many couples have postponed their wedding from this year to 2021.
Back in January 2020 when the world was normal pre-Covid, I was fortunate to join some talented suppliers to put together a white and silver themed shoot conceived and planned by Nicki from FJS photography.
Nestled deep in the Hertfordshire countryside, the Farmhouse at Redcoats was the ideal venue. Dating back to the 15th century, the farmhouse itself exudes character and the adjacent, lovingly restored Grade II listed barns are filled with quirky historic features making it the perfect setting for a wedding.
The silver and white colour theme oozes winter wedding inspiration and contrasts beautifully against the warm colours of the brick and the richness of the traditional oak beams. But whilst it is customary to imagine barn venues being more in keeping with a rustic vibe, this winter wedding concept just proves that elegant and luxe can work just as successfully.
Layers of table linen topped with a sumptuous silver sequinned table runner accentuate the feel of luxury and adds a beautiful touch of sparkle – an essential for a winter wedding! The oversized silver candelabras and blossom trees really make a statement, accentuate the height and character of the beamed ceilings and make the most of the space that the venue offers. Materials such as the generous white chair drapes and swathes of table linen from Stardust Events offer a beautiful contrast against the barn backdrop as do the white floral displays by The Flower Boutique which are filled with white tulips, ranunculus, hellebore and roses.
The table stationery was designed by Tiggity Boo to bring all these elements together with the handmade paper chosen to echo the rustic feel of the venue but finished with hand applied silver leaf, silk, satin and glass crystal beads to add elegant touch of sparkle but also a feel of luxury.
The cake by La Belle Cake Company is a sumptuous four tiered marbled design finished with a simple but elegant long bow which sits perfectly within the silver and white theme.
The dress with full train and shoestring straps was a bespoke design from Lisa Lyons Bridal. Made from silk duchess satin, soft tulle and corded guipure lace and teamed with delicate earrings from Rachel Sokhal Bridal and bouquet by The Flower Boutique, the look is one of pure understated elegance.
- Photography: FJS Photography. www.fjsweddingphotography.com
- Assistant: Your Wedding Friend. www.yourweddingfriend.co.uk
- Videographer: Creative Spark Films. www.creativesparkfilms.co.uk
- Venue: The Barns at Redcoats. www.farmhouseatredcoats.co.uk
- Table Styling: Stardust Events. www.stardustevents.co.uk
- Flowers: The Flower Boutique. www.theflowerboutiquemk.co.uk
- Bespoke Bridal Dress: Lisa Lyons Bridal. www.lisalyons.co.uk
- Bridal Accessories: Rachel Sokhal Bridal. www.rachelsokhalbridal.com
- Hair: Bespoke Bridal Hair By Nicola. @bespokebridal_hairbynicola
- Make up: Michelle Nash Makeup. www.michellenashmakeup.com
- Eco Friendly Glitter: Glamavan. www.glamavan.com
- Cake: La Belle Cake Company. www.labellecakecompany.co.uk
- Stationery: Tiggity Boo. www.tiggityboo.co.uk
- Model: Elle E @elle_e_model